Teen's Financial Readiness Academic Scholarship Award (FRASA) Program
Building teens’ financial strength to: practice it - achieve it! Application window closed for an exception call973-370-3440
Committee Vision: Provide a total of $10,000 tuition subsidy award to 6 high school juniors and seniors demonstrating financial readiness skills, financial need and a GPA of 3.0 or better in Financial Literacy in Math and Language Arts, if offered at their high school.
How to Get Started DEADLINE EXPIRED REVISIT US IN 2019
- Registration January 15th thru February 15th 2018 - CLOSED
- Application window open May 1st thru May 25th
- Ist 20 successfully completed Application accepted
- 2017 scholarship fund increased from $5,000 to $10,000
2018 APPLICATION WINDOW CLOSED, FOLLOW US FOR 2019 WINDOW To Apply for scholarship click here FRASA Application
How will the winner be determined?
The top 6 juniors and seniors with the most convincing Financial Readiness Essay responses and impressive panel interview will be awarded the respective Scholarship Award.
- Responses to Essay Questions 60% of total score
- Panel interview window Saturday June 16th - Interview by 6 industry Financial Literacy Experts – 40% to total score
- Award announcement and presentation / Ceremony July 26th, 2018 – West Orange City Hall, 6:00pm
Committee Mission: Work with high school educators to promote the program ensuring focus, adaptation and proficiency in overall financial readiness as they exit high school into college or trade school. Not intended to reduce financial aid.
Why Support the Academic Scholarship Program:
- United States high school graduates deserve to have affordable college education or technical training and little to no students’ loan when they complete.
- The economy failed in 2009 because many borrowers engaged in mortgages they could not afford, but they did not know, so they trusted their lender.
- Financial proficiency minimizes the risks in making decisions that yields negative liquidity
- Non client facing jobs or remote technology support jobs are being outsourced, demonstrating strong financial readiness skills is a major hurdle to prepare for the future
- Ready our high school graduates to embrace the disciplines required to be ready for a financially responsible journey
Trophy to each teen who successfully completes the program
Early registration closed follow instruction to the left above: FRASA Registration
Until free college education is available to NJ students, we pursue our passion to reduce and/or eliminate their college debt ratio for students who qualify for our program.
Help us raise $10,000 in scholarships to 6 Juniors and seniors: No Donation is too small
Click below to donate via paypal